Skip to main content

Mom Victories

 As a mom we always have many tasks to complete.  Some are big some are small.  Some are related to house chores, work, family, etc.  We have a to due list of never ending things.  But what do we do when we finish something that has taken us a while to finish or we usually see no end to.  We start thinking of why it took us so long to acomplish?  How we will never let it happen again! Then we start a guilt trip, a very unnecessary guilt trip over the smallest things.  Not only moms do it, women do it.  But as a mom  I feel like we do it a lot because we have the pressure of perfection.  We want to be the best employees, best moms, best wives, on top of our games.  With out taking actual time to our selves and giving ourselves credit.  We are freaking warriors.  All the things we accomplish and all we do is complain of how it could of been done better or faster?  We need to do better.  I have noticed I used to do this a lot.  I am starting to take note of it and change the way I think.  My small victory for today is laundry.  I have finished all the laundry in the laundry room.  Finally not behind on clothes.  I was starting to think on how did I ever get so behind?  How did I let it get like that?  But then I had to stop myself.  I knew it was victory it was something I actually worked for a week and a half.  I went to the pantry and celebrated with some chocolate.  It is something I usually do not do.  But a small step to change.  Why am I sharing this with you guys... Well because as I talk with friends and other women I notice that as women we need to encourage and help one another.  It took me a while to see the change that I needed to make to be a better person and happier person. The little things we do as women in our life will help us in the future, not just ours but the people around us.  So share with me what has been your victory this week?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have AS

Hi you guys! I know it has been awhile since I wrote, but it has been hard to write for me.  One I am not sure what to share there is a lot I want to share but not sure how or where to start.  Second I am actually having issues with my hands.  Yes my hands, my DNA mutations is acting up again you can say and it is really messing with my skeletal system.  So I was recently diagnosed with  Ankylosing spondylitis or for short AS.  The definition you will find online:    is an inflammatory disease that, over time, can cause some of the vertebrae in your spine to fuse. Not a big deal...(sarcasm there.)  So I am losing mobility in my body.  I decided to share the news with the world last week, but for the people that have been paying attention (just kidding) the people close to me it is not news.  I have been known to using wheelchairs and canes when needed.  It is just getting to a point where they are needed more and more....

I wanted my pregnancy a secret...

It took me  while to know exacly what to post about. I knew I wanted to share what I was going through. But I didn't know where to start. So I will start with what seems to bother me the most.  For those that do not know.  I am pregnant with my third (yes #3) child, and yes I am only 22. To be quite honest we wanted to keep the pregnancy a secret. Because we did not want to deal with the people asking, why did we do it? Instead of congratulating us for expecting a baby.  I mean it is our third child, and people act like we have no idea the expenses that come with having kids. Or we never heard of birth control and condoms.  I mean do people actually stop and think of the kind of insults they are saying to us?? Do we look or act that stupid, to not know??? But let me share what people really do not know! 1.  My husband and I wanted to have another baby. Because we always wanted a girl.  The girl we were going to have did not make it 4 years ago. ( ...

How to Pambazo

Hello everybody!!! Today I want to share with you guys a little bit of my culture with some amazing Mexican food.  Now this is traditional Mexican food not something very common to see on the States but it is so good! My mouth is watering just looking at the pictures...lol  It is called a Pambazo they date back to the colonial times, when the Spanish invaded Mexico.  This pambazo is the "traditional" Mexico City style.  Different regions have made changes and adapted the recipe to its location. So here is a quick break down of how it is made and the changes you can do for a vegetarian style pambazo.  (Yes I am a tree huger. lol) STEP 1: Make the SALSA.  It is red guajillo pepper that is cooked on a pan with NO oil or water. Ones it gets toasted, you add a little bit of water and steam it. You then add the peppers and liquid to a blender.  You then add a tomato...  Add garlic...  Add a little bit of salt and maybe some more...