Skip to main content

11 Day Migraine

Hi

Welcome back to my life!

I hope you all had a great weekend.  I actually did, it was my son's birthday weekend.  My oldest turned 7.  It was a very nice weekend for the most part.  I can't remember most of it to be quite honest, no I was not drunk or on any un-prescribed drugs.  I have been dealing with a migraine sense August 12th.  I don't think anybody that came over my house noticed much of a difference I was talking and trying my best to act normal.  There were moments I would zone out and had no idea what was going on but for the most part I pushed through. 

It started August 12th as we were at the park catching pokemons. lol Yes we play Pokemon Go.  My husband got me hooked on that game.  I started feeling some vertigo and a mild migraine nothing major.  I took my meds and didn't think much of it.  The next day I felt worse. I felt like I couldn't get out of bed.  The light bothered me, the noise I just did not want to get out of bed.  I was nauseous my body hurt I just felt like shit.  And to top it all off I started my period.  Thank you mother nature.  I tried sleeping and more meds to see if it would go away!  By Monday my mother was taking us to the circus.  I couldn't let this migraine ruin such occasion so I injected my self with medication.  Which is what I need to do if my migraine gets really bad.  I felt that 3 days with pain is bad enough!!! I took a nap and felt a bit better but the pain was not all the way gone.  The vertigo was still there.  Then the head pressure and face numbness came back.  The nausea on top of the cramping and lower back pain from my period lets not forget that too.  I had to spend a whole week trying to manage my migraines while being a stay at home mom, but most importantly... hiding it from everybody.   After so many years of being in pain and not feeling well.  You get tired of telling people you feel like shit all the time. First you feel tired of having to explain to people how you feel, just so they can get an idea of how you feel. Second you get tired of defending how shitty you really feel because some people don't believe you.  Third some times we feel like if we don't talk about it or if we don'/t face it our selves maybe it will go away as well.  Being in internal physical pain that cannot be seen is exhausting.  It is exhausting to have to explain your self every time. Explain why a doctor can't find a cure, explain why you can't be fixed, why you can't have a normal life, why you are the way you are.  As if we had picked this way of life.

And sometimes we give up so much we don't even want to go to the doctor.  I went 11 days with a migraine because I saw no point of calling my doctor.  It has happened before, it will happen again, why should I even bother?  But I saw my kids asking me to play and me not being able to get out of the bed and feeling like such a bad mother that I made the call this morning.  So I went to the doctor and they injected 6 shots on the back of my head to stop my pain.  I had never had that done before.  It was weird, but the pain went away in a few minutes.  I then told the doctor I wish I would of called last week. I feel brand new! I almost gave up, with out knowing that the answer was on my next move.  I was just refusing to make the move. I had to remind myself that my life struggle will be my condition and that it is okay to feel like shit.   But always remember that it won't last forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have AS

Hi you guys! I know it has been awhile since I wrote, but it has been hard to write for me.  One I am not sure what to share there is a lot I want to share but not sure how or where to start.  Second I am actually having issues with my hands.  Yes my hands, my DNA mutations is acting up again you can say and it is really messing with my skeletal system.  So I was recently diagnosed with  Ankylosing spondylitis or for short AS.  The definition you will find online:    is an inflammatory disease that, over time, can cause some of the vertebrae in your spine to fuse. Not a big deal...(sarcasm there.)  So I am losing mobility in my body.  I decided to share the news with the world last week, but for the people that have been paying attention (just kidding) the people close to me it is not news.  I have been known to using wheelchairs and canes when needed.  It is just getting to a point where they are needed more and more....

I wanted my pregnancy a secret...

It took me  while to know exacly what to post about. I knew I wanted to share what I was going through. But I didn't know where to start. So I will start with what seems to bother me the most.  For those that do not know.  I am pregnant with my third (yes #3) child, and yes I am only 22. To be quite honest we wanted to keep the pregnancy a secret. Because we did not want to deal with the people asking, why did we do it? Instead of congratulating us for expecting a baby.  I mean it is our third child, and people act like we have no idea the expenses that come with having kids. Or we never heard of birth control and condoms.  I mean do people actually stop and think of the kind of insults they are saying to us?? Do we look or act that stupid, to not know??? But let me share what people really do not know! 1.  My husband and I wanted to have another baby. Because we always wanted a girl.  The girl we were going to have did not make it 4 years ago. ( ...

How to Pambazo

Hello everybody!!! Today I want to share with you guys a little bit of my culture with some amazing Mexican food.  Now this is traditional Mexican food not something very common to see on the States but it is so good! My mouth is watering just looking at the pictures...lol  It is called a Pambazo they date back to the colonial times, when the Spanish invaded Mexico.  This pambazo is the "traditional" Mexico City style.  Different regions have made changes and adapted the recipe to its location. So here is a quick break down of how it is made and the changes you can do for a vegetarian style pambazo.  (Yes I am a tree huger. lol) STEP 1: Make the SALSA.  It is red guajillo pepper that is cooked on a pan with NO oil or water. Ones it gets toasted, you add a little bit of water and steam it. You then add the peppers and liquid to a blender.  You then add a tomato...  Add garlic...  Add a little bit of salt and maybe some more...